At the end of the Ravellenics, I was able to complete the Dragon Shawl and the Sweet Eleanor Scarf...and trust me that was a challenge.
The Dragon Shawl
When I first looked at this pattern, it seemed easy enough. The basic body of the shawl was a piece of cake once I got the pattern down. Then came the edge, oh my! Each row of the edge took me forever! I had to rip out a couple of the rows because my count was off or I was just not reading the pattern correctly. In the end I had to follow the pattern stitch for stitch just to get it right. The pattern also stated that the shawl HAD to be blocked. So I followed the pattern and eek! I placed the shawl in water, and started laying it out on the counter to block it....it grew to twice its size! I ended up throwing it in the dryer to get it back to the original shape. It was already the span of a queen sized bed.
I love the way it turned out. The yarn feels great, the drape is perfect and it is just lovely!
The Sweet Eleanor Scarf
I bought the yarn for this project two years ago and have attempted to create a few things with it, just to hate them and pull them apart. The main reason I was not liking the projects, I was trying to make knitted things...and I really don't like to knit unless it is with big needles and thick yarn.
When I found this pattern, I thought instead of wasting the self striping yarn because I don't like to knit, I should crochet with it and this pattern would be perfect. The single crochet makes the "self pattern" come out a bit because of the height of the stitch. This scarf is just beautiful. It wraps around your neck in a nice ruffle, it make you feel very feminine.