Thursday, December 4, 2008

"Don't be Sad, I love you all!"

At any given time I have at the very least 4 or 5 unfinished projects just sitting around the house waiting for the next time I will pay attention to them. I imagine they may even cry a little at night, my sad unfinished, pushed aside projects. This past week I have been dedicated to work on two of these sad unfinished projects.

The shrug!! At first glance a funny piece of clothing...sleeves but no body. I am very fond of the shrug. Bought my first one 5 years ago when they were not in style and everyone really couldn't decide if they liked it or not. "Oh....that is...cute! Keeps your arms warm I bet?" More or less they were trying to say, "You look cute in it, but that's because your weird anyway, and we expect you to wear weird things. You'll never catch me in that thing. I sure hope you didn't spend a lot of money on that thing!" The shrug I am working on now, is black and crocheted worked in a shell stitch. I am finished with the body and now just need to decide how I want the cuffs.

Next is the crocheted cotton skirt. Why I decided to take on a big project like a skirt after crocheting my wedding dress is beyond me. Don't ask cause I have no answers. I would like to say it is a third done. Each night I try to at least work on 3-5 rows. I am working the body in the same multi-color yarn and will be adding strips of solid colors toward the middle and bottom of the skirt. And Let me tell you, I am more than ready to change colors and stitches.

Maybe by next week I will have two happy finished projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment