Thursday, May 20, 2010

Belly Fat

Losing weight.  I am sure most women have a story.  Its hard to maintain a healthy weight, when it is so easy to pack on the pounds, right?  If you knew me in High School, and saw me now you would probably want to ask, "what happened?"  Starting in junior high and all through High School I was between 100 and 105 pounds.  Skinny!  Now I am...well numbers don't matter...we'll just say I am far from 105.

So the journey begins...or continues...

With the inspiration a good friend, a month ago, after swearing off diets I decided to try counting my calories.  Research on the Internet informed me to lose weight I needed to eat only 1200 calories a day.  So I tried it....the first week, with only counting calories I lost 2.9 pounds. Yippee!

The second week, nothing.  Nothing gained and nothing lost.  A little discouraged, but not defeated (yet), the third week, I decided to start walking while still counting my calories.  4.2 pounds lost.  This last week, 3 pounds.  I think I am on a roll now.

The goal right now is to lose a total of 27 pounds.  Each day is till a fight to stick to the plan.  Write down all calories, walk everyday, and drink lots of water.  One day at a time, but hopefully I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment