Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Jelly

The Salmonberries were not as abundant this year, as they have been. It seems that the effects of the non-existent summer, two years ago, when we barely reached 50 degrees and hardly saw the sun, is still showing. I miss seeing berries the size of walnuts, over taking the bushes. At least there were some berries, compared to the non-existent summer, where there were no berries, no flowers, and no sun.


Yesterday I took the day off, a much needed 3 day weekend.  (The last tax deadline, October 15th, has past and I have survived...barely)  Sunday I pulled out my three small bags of berries to de-thaw.  I was able to get about 2 gallons of berries, a small amount for me.

Thru smashing and adding a small amount of water I was able to squeeze enough juice for two batches.  Not a lot but at least some. 

No comments:

Post a Comment