Monday, February 28, 2011

Decorate Yourself

"Without a care in the world,
she danced with Feathers in her hair."

Alright, I may have worries and stresses, but I will dance around with these feathers in my hair.  While watching American Idol, I keep noticing Steven Tyler's feathers in his hair.  I love them...and Steven Tyler. Each time I see them it brings me back to the 1980's when I was a little girl and wearing the alligator clips with feathers in my hair.  So of course, this means Sunday I went on a venture to find alligator clips, leather cord, beads and feathers. 

Everything was fairly easy to find, except for the feathers.  With it being Sunday, all of the locally owned stores were closed, so I was limited as to where I could go.  For the feathers I had to buy a cat toy that had feathers and cut them off.   With my first ones done, I now am on the hunt for more feathers and different beads.

What do you think?  Not bad for my first attempt?

3 comments:

  1. wow I haven't seen these in forever! The fair always had these and white cowboy hats highlighted in bright pink or blue on them..*sigh* I think I might look for one of those hats and wear them with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss seeing these at the fair with the bright pink and blue cowboy hats. So stiff, and if it got too hot the paint got sticky. This year I think I'll find some for my daughter, start another generation on "why did you let me wear that mom??" pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Priestess Raven,
    I remember those hats...I had a pink one and wore it everywhere thinking I was so cool. LOL! Thanks for the memory :)

    ReplyDelete