Saturday, February 19, 2011

Harvest



Beautiful, beautiful herbs!  For Christmas I received an AeroGarden and two different seed packets, an herb assortment and tomatoes.  I decided to start the herbs first, as I figured they would be easier to maintain than the tomatoes...and boy was I right!!!!  With very little work, I have managed to grow some large, beautiful, healthy plants.  Today I decided to harvest the crop since there is no way I could use them as quickly as they are growing.  I now have 7 plates drying on my counter with three different Basil's, Oregano, Thyme, Mint and Dill.

I am in no way getting paid for promoting the AeroGarden, but I feel compelled to give my opinion on this product, so here it is.  If you are like me and live in a place where it is hard to grow outdoors, this is a great product (so far, we will have to see how well the tomatoes grow).  It is very easy to maintain.  It tells you when to add water and nutrients.  The lights are on an automatic timer, as well as the hydroponics.  It doesn't take up too much space on your counter and doesn't make a difference on your electric bill.  It is just wonderful!!

Below is my AeroGarden after the "harvest".  I will be interested to see how long it takes for the plants to grow as full as they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment