Thursday, June 9, 2011

One Ball of Yarn

After much patience, I broke down and bought a beautiful ribbon yarn by Louise Harding called Thalia, without knowing what I was going to do with it.  And later found out it has been discontinued.  It was a $10 skein of yarn, but so pretty and different I just could not resist. 



I thought at first I would make a continuous scarf/cowl...free form.  After knitting about half the skein, it was not going to be big enough to look good, so I unraveled it and started looking for patterns.  The search for what to make with this yarn was quite painful.  I didn't want to have to buy another skein (I am cheap).  It is only about 50 yards, so it had to be a knit pattern.  Wanted something I could wear, or at least use.  Also wanted something different.  After a week of searching I found Vicki Howell's CowlKerchief.  It looked simple, yet different and fun.



For a little finishing I crocheted a simple single crochet edge around the whole thing.  I also decided to just make a crochet "button".  I think it turned out pretty good.


Now what to wear with it...

No comments:

Post a Comment