Tuesday, August 2, 2011

One Night Stand

As rewarding as it is to finish a big project like a blanket, or clothes...it is just as rewarding to start something and finish it all in one night. This last weekend I put my last store bought wet cloth on my swifter to clean my floors. I vowed that once they were all gone, I would only use reusable cloth. That also meant that I needed to start making some. So, I sat down on the couch for the night with a ball of Peaches and Creme cotton yarn, an H hook, a simple pattern and turned on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.

This first one is to get a feel for what will work the best.  I want to experiment with different stitches and patterns that will maximize the cleaning power.  I found the pattern HERE, but will be making my own pattern for future ones.
 
It is a tight to put on, but I think that is a benefit, unless after washing it shrinks to much.  I have not used it to clean the floors yet and that will be the biggest test. 


My swifter sure is pretty now, don't you think?

2 comments: