What is the Ravellenic Games?
July 27 - Aug 12, 2012
The One Rule To Rule Them All:
Challenge yourself by starting and finishing one or more projects during the 2012 Summer Olympics.
What will be a stretch for you? It could be a new technique, that first sweater or pair of socks, something massive, something delicate, or maybe finishing that monster in the closet. The goal of the Ravellenics is to support you in expanding your knitting/crocheting horizons.
HOW TO COMPETE
Pick an event, create project page with special tags, and cast on with thousands to compete. That’s it in a nutshell.
- Mass Cast-On at July 27 2012, as the Opening Ceremonies begin in London! No casting on before this moment! (with the exception of WIP/UFO event entries)
- Official End time: 11:59:59 GMT Aug 12 2012 The closing ceremonies will be earlier that evening, but since the exact moment of the torch being extinguished is unknown, we’ll give you until midnight GMT. Each Ravellenics project must be marked Finished on the project page prior to the ending time in order to qualify for a medal.
- What is Finished? Does it mean blocked? Ends woven in? Sewn together? Photographed? That’s up to you. See the big rule at the top: Challenge YOURSELF. Do you feel it’s finished without the ends woven in, or before blocking? Then mark it finished. If not, don’t. Be honest with yourself, and we’ll celebrate with you.
- The Finish Line: Each event will have its own FINISH LINE thread on the Ravellenics 2012 board. Post details of your finished object in the thread(s) for the event(s) in which it is competing. (Details of what to post – link to project page and picture, for example – will be listed in the thread.) The FINISH LINE threads will be open for a day or two after the closing ceremonies, so if you can’t get a pic and post by the official closing time, just cross as soon as you can.
- Medalling: BobicusMaximus will hand out medals (blog badges) to each finisher in the event threads.
- Scoreboard You’ll be able to follow your team and event progress on the special Ravellenics stats page that Casey’s magic machine assembles out of all properly tagged projects. Chat and cheer in special threads for each team and event.
* all content in italics are from the Raverly.com website.