Every so often I like to recover my couch pillows. It serves two purposes, changes the look of things and makes them fresh again. I lay my face on these and like to know they are somewhat clean...wouldn't you? Since my new favorite blanket is my jeans quilt, I thought it would be fitting to do the pillows in jeans as well.
While digging through the jeans to cut up, I came across my large stack of pockets and thought they would add some flare and functionality. After they were all done, I was so giddy with excitement of what I could stuff in the pillows, I just started grabbing things off the coffee table and filling each pocket with something.
How I made them:
- Using old jeans, cut 10" squares. Each pillow needs eight of them.
- Sew four squares together to make each side.
- Stitch the pocket to one side.
- Sew the front to back, leaving one edge open.
- Using a bleach pen draw design on pocket. (this could of been done before sewing)
- Wet the pillow cover and throw into dryer to help fray the edges of the pocket piece.
- Using a blanket stitch, sew the last edge together.